LAWYER’S LIFE CYCLE—THE NEW ME STAGE
The New Me
|You’ve accomplished the goals in law meaningful to you.
You’re considering trying something you’ve never done before, something fun.
Goal is to make a more meaningful contribution.
Lawyers who have changed careers include:
Marcus Tullius Cicero, Thomas
“There comes a time when the risk
“If you can dream it, you can do
|Learn how to:
• Let go of the old, see the new
• Find new meaning in your life
• Ask your inner voice what’s next
TIPS FOR THE NEW ME
1. Most of what you’ve done as a lawyer has benefited big business. Now it’s time to benefit society, or to best express who you really are. Don’t fight intuition about your life’s work: your soul’s purpose is persistent.
2. So long as it does not cause harm, you are worthy to desire whatever you want to desire; you are worthy to get it; and you are endowed with the means.